The Pacific Lawyers Association was established in 2001, with members from all around New Zealand including Wellington, Christchurch, Waikato, Dunedin, Auckland and the wider South Pacific. Our members include law students and graduates, lawyers and members of the Judiciary, who are of Pacific descent and/or who have Pacific affiliation. The Association aims to promote and respond to matters of relevance to Pacific lawyers and to Pacific peoples more generally.
- To promote fellowship and mutual support amongst Pacific peoples
- To identify and respond to the legal needs of Pacific peoples
- Support and encourage Pacific initiatives
- To promote and conduct research on any issue of relevance to Pacific lawyers and Pacific peoples
- To monitor legislation and promote law reform as it affects Pacific peoples
- To promote awareness of the roles of Pacific lawyers both generally and specifically
- To promote the education and ongoing training of Pacific lawyers and law students
- To communicate with and affiliate with similar bodies throughout the world
- To promote and conduct any other activities consistent with the spirit of the foregoing objects
PLA Executive Committee
The PLA Executive is elected at the annual AGM.